A positive start to 2021. Lockdown number 3, which has been underway for a while now. However, we have seen many of our amazing customers still showing their support during this testing time. We couldn’t be more grateful. We thought though, that we’d share the adaptations we’ve had to make for this lockdown.
Home of Feast’s opening times have changed. We are now open from Wednesday to Saturday
We open our doors at 9am until 4pm, as usual. So hopefully now we shouldn’t have to turn you away! We are just glad that we are still able to open at all and provide you with our service and goodies.
Now, you may already be aware, considering how fast they sold last time. We have recently become a supplier of Great North Co. Pies. We are delighted to be able to sell these to you. The first array of pies are Swaledale Beef & Mince, Roast Chicken & Ham, and Classic Lancashire Cheese & Onion, with these changing every 3 months. While we didn’t get the chance to have any ourselves, we assure you they’re delicious! You must pre-order so be sure to look out for these on our social media.
This corresponds with the introduction of our brand-new fridge! We may be more excited about this than you. However, you should be! The fridge we have now put in place at Home of Feast is going to allow us to sell even more types of products. As well as the pies, we have also added products like Hummus to our inventory.
Finally, what we miss the most from this lockdown is our Supper Club nights. We love serving and showcasing our food to you. So, to make the most of the situation we find ourselves in, we have decided to do Feast at Home. We are doing both takeaway lunches and takeaway nights. Our lunches are typically toasties, soup and more depending on the theme which changes every week. For our takeaway nights, we bring the food to you. Already prepared, you can pre-order and collect your meal from Home of Feast, heat it up, and enjoy in the comfort of your home! You can see the Tartiflette recipe we recently made below. We aim, to do this weekly, with different themes of course! So again, watch out for these on our social media.
We understand how difficult this period is for people. Again, we are so grateful of each and every one of our customers for their support. We want to bring you joy during the turmoil, with our lovely food and produce. So, we hope to see you throughout February, with a big month ahead at Home of Feast.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 200g Pancetta, Cubed
- 1 Kg Maris Piper Potatoes cut into 1 ½ cm slices, cut into halves
- X1 White Onion, chopped
- X1 Teaspoon Thyme, finely chopped
- 150g Sliced Mushrooms
- 125ml Dry White Wine
- 250g Crème fraîche
- X1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500g Reblochon/Brie/Taleggio, or a mix
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F/Gas 8)
- Begin to fry your Pancetta lardons in a pan over a medium heat, for 10 minutes until the fat has melted away.
- Remove the Lardons from the pan & on to a paper towel to drain, leaving the melted fat in the pan.
- Add the Potato & Onion into the pan, raise to a medium-high heat & cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- Then add the Thyme & Mushrooms & cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the Mushroom has begun to wilt.
- Add the Wine & increase the heat to high.
- Bring to the boil & cook for 1 minute, remove from the heat & stir in the Crème Fraîche, reserved Pancetta & Garlic; Season to taste.
- Dice the Cheese & sprinkle over the top, place in the oven, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5) & cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the Potato is tender when pierced with the top of a knife.
- Serve on its own, or with a crisp, green salad.